- Introduction, Packaging, Specification and Initial Impressions
- Testing Setup and Method
- AIDA64 Benchmark
- MaxMEM2 Benchmark
- Cinebench R15 CPU Benchmark
- Futuremark Benchmarks
- Online Purchase Links
- View All
Disclosure: This unit is provided by ADATA
ADATA contacted me and wanted to start sending stuff for review. I am starting with its DDR4 and its M.2 SSD. This is the ADATA XPG Dazzle DDR4 memory kit. What would separate this from the standard-looking memory kits is the RGB LED bling. Keeping the bling aside, this memory kit uses black and red colour combination which seem to be a very common yet preferred by many.
For two sticks of memory sticks, the XPG Dazzle is inside a tall box.
Once you remove it, you’ll notice the sticks are in a size designed to carry four (for quad-channels). The packaging emphasis on Intel XMP 2.0 profile and LED bling along with the product lifetime warranty. It also states that it uses a Thermal Conductive Technology which claims to provide better heat dissipation. I am not sure what they meant by technology seeing that it’s just a heat spreader with LEDs and a thin thermal pad.
This is a 16GB (2 X 8GB) 2400MHz AX4U2400W8G16-DRD kit, with the latency rating of CL 16-16-16 @ 1.2v.
- An alluring LED strip built into the heatsink
- Superior Power Efficiency: a 20% reduction of power (operating voltage decreases from 1.5V to 1.2V)
- Incredible speeds up to 3200MHz
- Thermal Conductive Technology for great heat dissipation
- High-quality 10-layer black PCB for superior stability
- Supports Intel® Core i7 Haswell-E HEDT (high-end desktop) processor and the X99 platform
- Supports Intel® XMP 2.0 (Extreme Memory Profile)
- RoHS compliant
- Speed: DDR4 2400MHz – 3200MHz
- Module Size: 8GB – 64GB *8GB: 16GB (8GB x 2), 32GB (8GB x 4) *16GB: 32G (16GB x 2), 64GB (16GB x 4)
- Compatibility: DDR4 2133 CL 15-15-15 at 1.2V
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -55°C to 100°C
- Operating Voltage: 1.2V – 1.35V (1.35V: 3200MHz)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 138.98 x 47.37 x 7.6mm
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Installation Impressions and LED Bling!!
The height of this memory kit is 47.37 mm which also includes the height of the two peaks. The XPG kits are between 8GB to 64GB from DDR4 2400 MHz to 3200 MHz. Two sticks are available 16GB and 32gig, while four gigs versions for the 32 and 64gig.
The memory kit is 7.6mm tall. While it’s naturally not a low profile height, its good enough to be well under Noctua NH-D15s’ RAM clearance area. The LED illumination can be seen from the top and its sides. The translucent layer acts as a diffuser to some extent (as the space between it and the LED is minimal) and helps to spread the accents throughout the area. The metal portion of the shell has red highlights.
The LED is red. Since there isn’t any way to manually set the colour of your choice, maybe ADATA could have provided different colour variants. It produces ‘breathing effect’ typically seen in keyboards but the transition speed is rather quick. Such kits typically stand out when the transition from low to high illumination is more ‘fluidic’.
The 16-second video clip above will give you a good idea.