- About the Cooler Master H500P Mesh Edition…
- Keyboard Design and Overview
- End User Experience and Conclusion
- Online Purchase Links
- View All
Disclosure: The GMMK-TKL modular mechanical keyboard is given by the Glorious PC Gaming Race
About the Glorious PC Gaming Race Modular Keyboard…
Glorious PC Gaming Race is a very glorious brand name for the current times where memes are made to make fun of dirty peasants and people showing off their first PC builds as a ‘ascend’ ritual in Reddit. It gels with the PC gaming sub-culture very nicely and the timing couldn’t be any better. It is hard to find a good name for a peripheral company, though the choice of words would its end products have a BIG title. The first product I’ve noticed from the brand is the white coloured with anti-fray stitch deskpads when most were not having stitched deskpads.
Freedom to choose…
The Glorious PC Gaming Race has accessories, add-ons and keyboards, for now, ranging from switches, keycaps, o-rings headset holders, wrist rest and keyboards. Very interesting keyboards. The Glorious PC Gaming Race has the GMMK modular mechanical keyboards where gives you the flexibility to swap mechanical switches from various manufacturers. Under which there are two versions- Full Size and Tenkeyless, both have customized and pre-installed with switches and caps. All of them are RGB.
About its variants and modular features…
The basic design and features of all the GMMK variants remain the same. The customized variant is where you can select what kind of mechanical switches and keycaps you want while the pre-built is installed with Gateron brown switches with black coloured ABS double-shit keycaps.
Personally, this is great to have because it gives that made-to-order option and its a hybrid option somewhere between pre-built options with limited selections of switches and a complete DIY keyboards where you assemble and solder it yourself. Keyboard fans will like such options, more so with an option for worldwide shipping. It is a true modular mechanical keyboard.
The GMMK-TKL keyboard comes in a plain box with enough information about its design, features and specifications. You get some reading material and a glorious sticker. The internal packaging is done well.
Apart from the braided cable, you get a right angle connector, a standard ESC keycap and a switch puller. There is a keycap puller is placed in a very smart place which you’ll see as we progress with the review. Notice by default, the glorious ones have used a red “Ascend” keycap for the ESC switch, instead.
- Full modular, mechanical keys – Hot-swappable switches. Easily remove and install any MX-based switch without any soldering. Personalize to what works for you, and use any combinations of switches!
- LED Backlighting – RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect. Variable animation speeds and brightness settings.
- Easy Access Hot-Keys – Directly access shortcuts to productivity, internet and multimedia functions
- Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate – Professional-grade aluminium delivers a premium look and feel
- Raised Keys, Minimalist design – No visible branding on the keyboard to make your battlestation look as clean as possible. Raised key design allows you to easily clean your keyboard.
- Model GMMK-TKL
- Prebuilt: Yes
- Interface USB 2.0
- Mechanical Switch: Gateron Brown
- Removable Keycaps: Black
- Removable USB
- Switch puller tool Included
- Keycap puller tool Included
- Key Cap Type Standard 87-key layout
- N-Key Rollover Full NKRO
- Backlight 16.8 million colours RGB LED backlight with special effects
- Cord Length 6 ft. Braided
- OS Support Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 335 x 129 x 35.9 mm (14 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches)
When comparing its dimensions, it is no different from the HyperX FPS Pro tenkeyless keyboard (14.09 x 5.09 x 1.40 inches). Both have aluminium plates. However, the GMMK feels lighter when lifting.