Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor will be releasing today for PC, PS4, XBox One, PS3 and XBox 360. Its a game developed by Monolith Productions and its set at the time after ‘The Hobbit’. You play a character called Talion. According to the press release, the character is a ranger who lost his family, only to be returned from death by a mysterious spirit of vengeance.
Apart from the ‘back with the vengeance’ cliche, there is a part where you can fight with Sauron. Unfortunately, to fight him in Mordor, you need to pay up!
The season pass grants you extra story missions, bonus trials and certain access. The details are as follows:
- Guardians of the Flaming Eye Orc Warband Mission: Face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
- Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Players will gain new skills and earn unique epic runes as they hunt and tame legendary monsters of Mordor
- The Bright Lord Story Mission: Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven king of the Second Age, and face Sauron and the might of his forces
- Early access to the Trials of War, including:
- Test of Speed Challenge Mode: You can demonstrate your efficiency in battle and earn high scores for Talion’s speed in defeating your foes
- Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode: You can prove your strategic abilities, through earning points for skill, speed and efficiency
- Endless Challenge Mode: This mode will continually spawn new legions of enemies. The Runes that you will earn will provide powerful upgrades
- Access to future content: Including runes, skins and additional add-on content
Would you REALLY like to pay $25 for a game that you’ve pre-ordered or purchased? You probably would if its a really good game, especially if you are a Lord of the Rings fan. But its going to leave that sour that you have to shell out $25 for a game that you’ve paid US$ 49.99 via Steam for a pre-order.