- Introduction, Packaging and Specification
- Test Bench and Methodology
- 8MB ATTO Benchmark
- CrystalDisk Mark Benchmark
- Transfer File Tests
- View All
It gives me great pleasure to mention this every time I put up a review. Thanks to the hardware support by Asus, Gigabyte, Kingston, Western Digital and Coolermaster who give me hardware support by updating my test rig no strings attached. It helps me to test their and other manufacturer’s hardware in a proper way. Thumbs up to these guys! The following hardware is provided by the followed manufacturers:
- Gigabyte India for providing Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H Rev 1.0 motherboard
- Asus India for providing Asus 990FX Sabertooth motherboard
- Kingston Taiwan for providing hardware support with memory kits and SSD drive.
- WD India for providing WD 300GB HLFS Velociraptor Hard Drive.
- Coolermaster India for providing Coolermaster GX450 RS-450-ACAA-D3 Power Supply
|Test Setup for:||SanDisk Ultra 64GB (SDCZ48-064G-U46) USB 3.0|
|Motherboard+ Processor||Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H Rev 1.0+ AMD 965BE|
|Memory||Kingston HyperX BLU 1600MHz 8GB DDRIII|
|Primary OS drive||WD 3000HLFS Velociraptor 300GB/WD 320GB BLUE 320AAJS|
|Power Supply||Corsair TX750|
|OS||Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1|
The Benchmarks that I am using are as follows:
ATTO Benchmark Test File Size= 0.5 to 8MB- Read and Write Pass 3
CrystalDisk Benchmark with Pass 3, each with 5 re-runs 1000MB File Size
Transfer Tests: 1.34GB Assorted Photos transfer Test, 11.34 ISO File Transfer Test and 1.27GB Compressed Data File Transfer Test with TeraCopy
The drive was first stress tested using Anvil Endurance. Unlike via SATA III bandwidth, Anvil takes time to do stress testing on flash. So, the stressing testing that I use is 2 loops that creates 99999 files with 1MB file size with 12MB of free space. The drive is formatted in exFAT mode before stress testing is done- and no secure erase is done to the drive.
Do note that all flash drives are first stress tested using ANVIL endurance testing for a day and then given a secure erase and reformatted to ex-fat format before benchmarking to rule out any faults/ defects.