- Specifications and Closer Look
- Test Bench and Methodology
- AS SSD Benchmark
- ATTO Benchmark
- AIDA64 Sequential Access Time
- Boot Load and DATA Transfer Test
- CrystalDiskMark Benchmark
- HD Tune Pro Benchmark
- PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Benchmark
- PC Mark 7 Secondary Storage Benchmark
Toshiba is also into Storage H/W: From cloud storage to hybrid drives (like Seagate’s Momentus XT), consumer level drives, SSDs and 2.5″ SAS drives.
This is the first Toshiba drive I am evaluating. The DT01ACA desktop series drives were launched internationally back on August 8, 2012- the same day and place when WD made an agreement to manufacturer drives for Toshiba using Hitachi Global storage– although it recently launched in India. These drives are typical 3.5″ SATA III drives with 7200 RPM HDD on paper.
Toshiba is pitching these for AIOs, gaming pcs, home servers, external HDD, the source for recording content from set-top boxes. These are 1TB per platter drives ranging from 500GB to 3TB.
The one I am evaluating is a 500GB version- DT01ACA050.